HOWDIDIFALLANDLANDHERE. ❝ personal · food · blog ❞   |   instagram  ·   twitter   ·   tumblr  ·   dayre   ·   follow





me
2015-10-23 03.40.14 1

Priscilla Tawie
Taken.14/10/94.Malaysian
Communication graduate
Reachable : ptawie@yahoo.com

Full time food addict.
Part time day dreamer.

I do :
- Food
- Travel
- Lifestyle
- Inspirational/Motivational quote


Disclaimer :
Not sure if anyone notice,
but my url is grammatically wrong.
Forgive me, I was young.


backbone

(Valid for first time customer)




disclaimer
Layout made by tkh. Removing any credit is shunned upon. Please keep credits intact, only dummies would remove them. You aren't a dummy right?

Add your end of the disclaimer here, be nice, firm, assertive etc etc yada yada yay blogging.

  Dear John - Nicholas Sparks
Posted at 10/23/2010 01:00:00 AM

Parts I find interesting in the book of Dear John :3

"I always loved full moons, Ever since I was a kid. I liked to think that they were an omen of sorts. I wanted to believe they always portended good things. Like if I was making a mistake, I would have the chance to start over"
-Savannah; page 60

"Exactly. It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith... the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and there's nothing to make it last. I'd love to hear your dad talk about coins, because that's when you see a person at his best., and I've found that someone else's happiness is usually infectious"
-Savannah; page 71

"In my family, that's what we do on just about every holiday. We write letters to those who we care a lot about. We tell them what they mean o us and how much we look forward to the time when we'll get to see them again."
-Savannah; page 164

"That's because I cried about it, remember? Besides, it's not like I'll never see you again. That's what I finally realized. Yeah, it'll b e hard, but life moves fast. we'll see each other again. I know that. I can feel that. Just like I can feel how much you care for me and how much I love you. I know in my heart that this isn't over, and that we'll make it through this. Lots of couple do. Granted, lots of couple don't, but they don't have what we have."
-Savannah; page 164

By January 2001, I had begun to count down the days to when I'd see her again. My summer leave was coming in June, and I'd be out of the army in less than a year. I'd wake up in the morning and literally tell myself that there were 360 days left, then 359 and 358 till I was out, but I'd see Savannah in 178, then 177 and 176 and so on. It was tangible and real, close enough to allow me to dream of moving back to North Carolina; on the other hand, it unfortunately made time slow down. Isn't that the way it always is when you really want something?"
-John; page 180

"I wasn't kidding about that. Last summer meant so much to me. More than you can imagine, and when you left, I was a wreck. Ask Tim. I barely worked on the houses. I know I sent you letters that made you think all was well and good but it wasn't. I cried every night, and every day I'd sit at the house and keep imagining and hoping and wishing that you'd come strolling up the beach. Every time I saw someone with a crew cut, I'd feel my heart start beating faster, even though I knew it wasn't you.But that was the thing. I wanted it to be you. Every time. I know that what you do is important, and I understood how hard it was going to be once you weren't around. It seemed like it was almost killing me, and it took a long time to even begin to feel normal again. And on this trip, as much as I wanted to see you, as much as I love you, there's this part of me that's terrified that I'm going to go to pieces again when our time is up. I'm being pulled in two directions, and my response was to do anything I could so I wouldn't have to go through what I did last year again. So I tried to keep us busy, you know? To keep my heart from being broken again. "
-Savannah; page 207

"Other times, however, Savannah came across as exactly the same person I remembered, and I could tell how much she still cared for me. Throughout it all, I loved her as much as I always had, and I found myself aching for those simpler times in the past. I knew what was happening, of course. As we were drifting apart, I was becoming more desperate to save what we once had shared; like a vicious circle, however, my desperation made us drift even further"
-John; page 222


"A moment later I could feel her arms around me, her body warm and welcoming. For a second it was a if nothing between us had changed at all. I wanted to hold her forever, but she pulled back, the illusion was shattered, and we were strangers once more"
-John; page 261

"The memory was so vivid, it felt like it had just happened. And then the rain stopped and I knew it was time to feed the horses. I was in my regular life again, and all at once, it felt like I had just imagined the whole thing. Like it happened to someone else, someone I don't even know anymore "
-John; page 312

"Yeah, that, of course. But I also learned that it's possible to go on(move on), no matter how impossible it seems, and that in time, the grief.... lessens. It may not ever go away completely, but after a while it's not overwhelming."
-Tim; page 322

"Saying goodbye was the hardest thing I ever had to do"
-John; page 329

Dear John; Nicholas Sparks 

Labels: ,



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >



© Layout made by tkh/mk.