I w r i t e for a living!
Reachable : firstname.lastname@example.org
Full time food addict.
Part time day dreamer.
I do :
- Inspirational/Motivational quote
Not sure if anyone notice,
but my url is grammatically wrong.
Forgive me, I was young.
(Valid for first time customers)
disclaimerLayout made by tkh. Removing any credit is shunned upon. Please keep credits intact, only dummies would remove them. You aren't a dummy right?
Add your end of the disclaimer here, be nice, firm, assertive etc etc yada yada yay blogging.
Posted at 9/15/2017 01:58:00 PM
Those hailing from East Malaysia should be familiar with the home-grown Sarawakian food franchise chain SUGARBUN - as it is not only founded in Sarawak, but also held a significant meaning for Sarawakians.
As a child living in Kuching, when I was younger, my parents would often bring me and my siblings to SugarBun to celebrate birthdays, or just to have a meal as there is an outlet near our house and back then, western restaurants weren't a go-to restaurant as a child.
I remember fondly each and every moments I spent in SugarBun, and there was one time when it rained so after dinner, we sheltered ourselves while waiting for my dad to come and pick us up. There were lots of people visiting the diner, and it was always crowded.
Until now, SugarBun has always been my number one favourite type of fast food chicken as it does not feel fatty, nor oily and it has an authentic herb taste, and its crispiness does not feel like crunching on fried plastic which is often the case for unscrupulous business owners nowadays.
Getting out of topic - the actual reason why I am sharing on SugarBun today is cause in conjunction with Malaysia Day 2017, (Held every Sept 16 to commemorate the establishment of the Malaysia Federation on the same date in 1963. It marked the joining together of Malaya, North Borneo, Singapore and Sarawak to form Malaysia). Hence, SugarBun is introducing the Truly Malaysian Combo promotion. According to Jason Ho, SugarBun Marketing Manager, "SugarBun's Truly Malaysian Combo guarantees an ultimate pleasure for all Malaysians while celebrating Malaysia Day".
The combo which will be available for 30 days starting from Sept 15 to Oct 15 at all Sabah Sarawak restaurants except airports comprises three different sets in accordance to number of pax.
Combo 1 at RM 10.90 : 1 Nasi Lemak Classic, 1 piece of broasted chicken, 1 cup of premium 3 layer tea (for the singles)
Combo 2 at RM 28.90 : 1 Nasi Lemak Classic, 1 Asian Claypot Chicken Mushroom with Fragrant Rice, 2 cups of premium 3 layer tea (for those going on dates)
Combo 3 at RM 69.00 : 1 Kano Meal, 1 set of Asian Claypot Chicken Mushroom with Fragrant Rice, 1 Nasi Lemak Classic, 5 pieces of broasted chicken and 5 cups of premium 3 layer tea. (for families)
SugarBun does not disappoint cause :
1. Their Nasi Lemak sambal was a fuse of sweet and spicy which is the type of sambal taste I appreciate. Their rice definitely tasted like the authentic santan rice.
2. Their 3 layer tea is for the sweet tooth as it can get pretty sweet than normal 3 layers, but I guess that is the magic of our local teh c peng 3 layer, tea mix together with evaporated milk and gula apong.
3. Their broasted chicken. why? YOU DON'T KNOW WHY? Broasting is a method of frying chicken by pressure cooking the deep frying chicken/meat that has been marinated and breaded/coated with seasoning flour and it definitely is different than other crunchy fast food chain chicken
4. Have you tried their Asian Delight menu ? I tried their chicken mushroom soup and it is savoury while the chicken curry gives out a strong herb taste
5. Best part is SugarBun is from Sarawak, therefore being the patriotic Sarawakian me, I always feel proud eating something that is locally grown and success, it just makes me feel that we can do anything if we put our heads into it.
So run to your nearest SugarBun restaurant to enjoy their broasted chicken, nasi lemak, asian delights and many others including chickies which is chicken finger nuggets, a quick on-the-go snack.